Terms & Conditions
(1) Coins of the Realm Limited [the Company] acts as agent for the seller. Sales made by the Company in our online only auctions are sales made on behalf of the seller.
(2) The buyer of any lot will be the highest bidder. In the event of any dispute, the Company shall have absolute discretion to settle the dispute as he thinks best; this may mean re-offering the lot for sale.
(3) The Company shall have absolute discretion to divide any lot, combine two or more lots or withdraw any lot or lots without giving any reason. In the case of a dispute, he may re-offer a lot for sale. The Company also has the right to refuse any bid or bids without giving a reason.
(4) The increments are set out in the static table please view before placing your bids.
(5) Buyers will be pleased to learn that all lots are subject to a Buyer’s Premium of 0%, inclusive of VAT. All International buyers are responsible for any taxes deriving from the exportation of their purchases. Only extra cost is your postage.
(6) Each bidder shall be deemed to act as principal unless the Company acknowledges in writing prior to the auction that he acts as agent for a named third-party principal. For bidders unable to participate, commissions will be executed free-of-charge. Such bids must be written and must be received at least 24 hours before the live bidding begins. The Company cannot guarantee to execute bids received less than 24 hours before the sale. ‘Buy’ bids will not be accepted. The Company shall not be liable for any errors or omissions in executing such commissions.
(7) All buyers must, if requested, notify their name and address to the auctioneer and, if required, provide additional proof of identification, bank references or other credit references. All buyers must pay the full purchase price within 10 working days of the live auction unless the Company has previously agreed arranged credit terms. Payments by personal Cheque must be deposited the next working day after the auction finishes. No items will be dispatched without. Bank Transfer is our preferred method of payment. Swift/Bacs payments are accepted. All invoices MUST be paid in full before they will be dispatched.
(8) Ownership of lots does not pass to the buyer until the Company has received payment in full.
(9) All lots are offered for sale subject to any reserve price that may be imposed by the seller. The seller may not subsequently change the reserve without the agreement of the Company. All reserves will be agreed in writing before the auction begins.
(10) (a) Lots are sold as shown with all faults, imperfections and errors of description and lack of authenticity. The Sale of Goods Act 1979 does not apply to the sale of any lot. Neither the Company nor the seller shall give any warranty to any buyer in respect of any lot or be liable for any fault or error of description or lack of genuineness or authenticity of any lot. All statements as to items sold, whether made in catalogues, during the course of the auction or otherwise, are statements of opinion only and are not and shall not be taken to be statements or representations of fact. The Company reserve the right in forming their opinion to consult and rely upon any expert or authority considered by them to be reliable. Coins are graded to accepted UK standards to the best ability of our specialists. You acknowledge that the grading of coins is subjective and may vary from specialist to specialist, as the process is by nature an art and not a science. For this reason, we do not automatically accept and are not bound by the opinions of third party coin grading services for any purposes including before and after the sale of a lot.
(b) Refund policy – notwithstanding the foregoing, if any lot should be proved by the buyer to be not genuine or authentic, or to have been wrongly described in any material respect, the buyer may reject the same provided that he has given notice in writing of his intention so to do and shall have returned the same to the Company within one month from, and in the same condition, as at the date of sale. If the coin was in a plastic holder at the time of sale, we cannot accept its return if it has been removed from that holder. In addition, any items in graded holders are sold as is and can only be returned if deemed as fake. The onus of proving a lot to be not genuine or authentic or to have been wrongly described shall lie with the buyer. Proof of the inability of any recognised expert or authority to express a definite opinion shall not discharge such onus. If the buyer shall discharge such onus, the auctioneers shall rescind the sale and repay to the buyer the price paid by him. Save as provided herein, the Company shall not under any circumstances whatsoever be liable for any costs, expenses or damages (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) incurred or suffered by the buyer in respect of any lot, whether or not as a result of any fault, imperfection, error or description or lack of genuineness or authenticity, including but not limited to loss of any kind of profit whatsoever. The buyer will not be entitled to claim interest on the amount due to him. The buyer shall not be entitled to a refund for any lot for any reason save as set out in this clause (10b).
(11) Save as provided in the preceding paragraph of these conditions buyers must satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of their purchases at the time of delivery. The Company cannot be held responsible for any discrepancy which might be discovered after the lots have been removed from the Companies premises.
(12) As stated in paragraph (1), the Company acts solely as agent between buyer and seller and shall not be held responsible for any default by either party or for any action or claim that may arise in connection with any lot.
(13) Any part of the purchase price still outstanding after the auction, in line with the terms of paragraph (8), shall be paid in full within 10 working days of the date of the live auction. Without prejudice to any other rights, the Company reserves the right to charge interest on any overdue payment at a rate of three per cent per month. In the event that the company shall have paid the seller (normally 14 days after the sale) and part of the purchase price is still outstanding, title to the lot will pass to the Company. The Company shall then have the right to sell any other goods belonging to the buyer and held by the Company for whatever reason at such a price that the company, in its absolute discretion, thinks fit. The buyer shall also reimburse the Company for any additional costs incurred in this process.
(14) Buyers accepting commissions from third parties do so at their own risk. They remain responsible to the Company for full settlement according to these conditions
(16) By making a bid, the buyer acknowledges his acceptance of these conditions and agrees to be bound by them.
(17) If any buyer fails to comply with any of these Conditions, the lot or lots in respect of which the failure is made may at the discretion of the Company be put up again and resold. The damages recoverable from the defaulting buyer shall include, but not be limited to, the Companies expenses and commission in respect of the resale and the amount (if any) by which the price obtained on the resale is exceeded by that obtained on the first sale.
(18) A variation of these Conditions shall only be binding on the Company and the seller if it is made in writing and signed by a duly authorised representative of the Company.
(19) These Conditions shall take effect and be construed in accordance with the provisions of English law.
- BANK TRANSFER – Barclays Bank, Coins of the Realm Ltd, Account no: 00417467, Sort Code: 20-44-22
- BACS/ IBAN – SWIFTBIC BUKBGB22 / IBAN GB38 BUKB 2044 2200 4174 67
- DEBIT/CREDIT CARD – Payments up to £1000 (UK residents only unless agreed by the Company before the auction) – Call our Free phone on 0800 169 1066 or International +44 1279 445715
- (All Cards must be registered to the bidders postal address)
- CHEQUE: Should be payed into the above account or posted to COR LTD, PO BOX 12131, HARLOW CM20 9L POSTAGE & PACKAGING
- UK Special Delivery £20 per parcel (up to £2500)
- Courier for parcels with an individual value of £3000 upwards (£50 + insurance)
- EUROPEAN AND INTERNATIONAL PARCELS- Courier Only (50+ insurance).